Today I showed you 25 different ways of using tricks and glitches to complete a puzzle in HL2 which is located at the beggining of the game in the Route Canal chapter.
►Leave like and comment if you enjoyed/learned something!◄
• Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/happysedits
• Twitter Fanpage: https://twitter.com/happysedits
• Discord: https://discord.gg/dwbFWxa
• Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/happysedits
• Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/happysedits
• Facebook Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/happyseditss
I really enjoy speedrunning Source games, such as Portal or Half-Life series, so here are some fun Half Life 2 Speedrun glitches and tricks in action.
Best way you can help me out:
• Steam Donate Link: https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=381067270&token=d99xqW7s
• Paypal Donate Link: https://www.twitchalerts.com/donate/happysedits or paypal.me/happysedits
• All Fanarts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12mSav6DZvvExw4qqMd1dtM88JMVVx1XpvZsaIgM5xFw/edit
• All Donators: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GijpnbybDoA7VI-uMMJ7UWYD1GOAuWwOEU93chsRSfg/edit?usp=sharing
FAQ (recording, HUD, hitsound, first person miscs, PC,...) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EX1Xq7E1NWudynWm5LJrghbwGwQL-bPUMTmPEQqywL0/edit?usp=sharing
Like the video? ➜ Like
Want to watch more? ➜ Subscribe
Any problems, any good things about video? ➜ Comment
My favourite speedrun channels:
DeSinc - adding comedic value to speedrunning HL2 glitches, famous for his Using Glitches and Tricks series https://www.youtube.com/user/super6plx/
SourceRuns - Showcase of the best possible segmented speedruns of Half Life or Portal games, including some TAS (tool assisted speedruns), with their best project, Half-Life 2 Done Quicker - HL2 Speedrun in 40:49 https://www.youtube.com/user/sourceruns
quadrazid - Author or project leader of Half-Life in 20:41 legendary segmented Half-Life 1 speedrun
Maxam or maxamswe - Best Half Life 1 speedrunner, currently beating world record almost every week, his most viewed run being Half-Life 28:06.640 World Record Speedrun
Maltemller - World record holder of Half-Life 2
Games Done Quick - Best collection of all kinds of speedruns, they also featured Half-Life 1, Half Life 2 and Portal 1 runners
Slvm - active russian Half-Life Speedrun streamer livestreams
shar - His project Half-Life: Done Enormously Warped - Speedrun in 6:26 - WR using Save warp glitch
Half-Life 2 Done Quicker - HL2 Speedrun in 40:49 - WR by SourceRuns
Half-Life 2 Gravity-Gun Only speedrun in 49:34.215
Using Glitches and Tricks to Beat Half-Life 2
World Record Progression: Half Life 2 (New Engine) - Episode 15
• Jumping backwards and gaining speed - Accelerated Back Hopping aka ABH
- Jump forward, turn around in the air and jump right as you land. It's recommended not to hold S or W (or your respective keys for moving forwards and back) while ABHing. Binding +jump to mouse wheel is recommended as it makes timing jumps a lot easier.
- When you exceed the game's speed limit, the game tries to slows you down whenever you jump, back to the desired speed. By default the game thinks that you're moving forwards, so when you exceed the speed limit, it'll accelerate you backward. If you are facing backward, this will only increase your speed. So, the faster you're going - the more you will get accelerated.
- Wallclimbing is a glitch used to get up on high buildings/places. It works exactly the same way as Flying, but it's faster to gain height and also can be done with almost every object In-game. Another method to use, is to jump over the object and shoot it with the gravity gun, giving it vertical velocity, then grabbing and Bunnyhopping on the object up the wall. The trick is very useful in the current version of Half-Life 2 and other OrangeBox Engine games like Portal, since Flying is really limited.
- The standard method of wallclimbing is to hold the object with the cylindrical, curved part of the surface facing the wall (this usually means holding the object sideways) at chest level, then to move toward the wall, and just as the object touches, to quickly jump forward and lower the object. In OrangeBox Engine, the objects tend to fall off after being stepped on, so you might want to re-grab the object too.
family friendly pg clean
#HalfLife2 #HalfLife #Speedrun